Wednesday 28 January 2009

yeh Dilli hai meri jaan

22 Feb 2009 : I know I have been away from this site a long time. Only because I didn't feel like writing. this is what I wrote a long time ago but kept it in Drafts:

So, am back. I had a good flight, even though the weather was mostly bad and we had a longer flight than usual for the route. I got to see Fujisan by fluke! Usually the captain makes an announcement, but this time none was made. I was being served a drink at the time and I looked out the window; and there it was, poking out of the clouds, just about to be hidden by the wing of the aircraft.

When I landed, I shedded my coat, and was sweating even in the light sweater I wore. Good Heavens! When I stepped out of the airport, Delhi Juhi persona came back on. I was on guard, coz I had to take a prepaid taxi home. We decided that I am finally old enough to do so on my own :)! Everything went fine. No complaints.


Oh! I have to add: After I wrote that last post, one of my friends came to dad's office where dad and I were. She asked me if I had time to spare. We went and ticked off 3 things on my list - purikura, taiko drums and kaitenzushi. Another girl, also from the Urdu Department also joined us and when we reached Musashi Sakai station yet another girl also from the Urdu dept. greeted Asuka (my friend). Many people know Asuka it seems! The second girl actually reacted to my name by shouting, "Oh! Juhi? Juhi Chawala!?!" I have not had that reaction ever in Japan from a Japanese person, and its anyway been a while since such a thing happened. For those who are wondering.... Juhi Chawala is a famous Bollywood actress. Although her shinning era has gone, in the late 80's and 90's she was quite the hit. I was not named after her, although everyone seemed to identify me to her for the longest time very much to my irritation. I was not irritated this time, just shocked that this happened yet again and that too in a foreign country.

No comments: