Friday 23 January 2009

Left for next time

I am at the end of my trip, and less than 24 hours remain till I catch my plane back. My bags are packed. But I am not ready to go. I still have so much to do. I have mixed feelings about leaving. I never really like the fact of returning to Delhi (for obvious reasons). This time though, the cold has finally taken its toll on me and I wish nothing more but warmer climes. Since the past 2 days, it has been dark and wet. I was happy while it was sunny; luckily in my 1 month, 2 weeks and 4 day trip, it was not sunny for maybe just 6 or 7 days. Tokyo is only going to get colder as February approaches, and Delhi must have already begun to get warmer.

The things I wasn't able to do ...
Karaoke - I met up with some friends, but was not able to plan a karaoke night. It is so lame to go alone! I don't even think there are single karaoke boxes in Japan. Karaoke is best done when a group of genki gaijin get together. My favourite times in Karaoke have been with my dear friends from Okinawa. Next time I might just drag someone along with me.
Visit Nikko and Hakone - Plans didn't take shape. Weather was also a huge consideration.
Sumo - I was ready for this one, especially since the tournament took place in Tokyo this Jan. But my dad left his big Nikon camera in Delhi. It would have been best to take pictures since I would have bought the cheapest ticket that seats one very far from the pit. (Even the cheapest ticket costs more than Rs.2000 though!)
Kabuki - I dont really know why I didn't put any effort into going and seeing it! Just lazy I guess..
Climb Fuji - like I said before, not possible in winters anyway.
Purikura - again, a group activity. I would have done this with friends studying in the Urdu Dept. but plans got cancelled when one friends caught the flu.
Kaitenzushi - no prob coz I ate lots of kappa maki bought from the supermarket.
Tokyo Disneyland - thrice cancelled due to bad weather.
Taiko drums - Ah.. whatever.
I am getting bored of this post... so what if I couldnt do all the things I wanted to! Just escaping Dehli was enough! :) and I DID do so many other things that I am quite satisfied with! To hell with it! These can remain pending so that I can dream about them while I do my dissertation...

...dreaming of my next trip!! :)

2 comments:

japalinka said...

A month and a half long trip! That's fantastic. :) And kabuki is nice but mostly boring--my sister and i went in for the 4th act and stood/sat in the top balcony and i fell asleep for a bit. :) Glad you had a wonderful trip and I love looking at all the photos--it's nice to be in a place long enough to notice the details.
Hope you had a nice trip home and enjoying being back in Dehli.

Chaudhary V said...

Hi Ju
Where r u , no mails,no messages :(