Thursday 12 March 2009

I'm a Punk

I have been reading The Philosophy of Punk by Craig O'Hara as part of the research for my dissertation; and I have come to the conclusion that I am a Punk. I am anti-homophobia, anti-racism, anti-sexism and pro-environment. I like 'loud' politically motivated rock music. I love to shock. I am non-conformist/ or at least I like conceptual anarchy and non-conformism. Thus, I am a Punk. I would love to have the garb occasionally too, even though bondage clothes and coloured spikey hair might be a little much for the Indian sensibility. For a long time I have been wanting a peirced tongue and at least one tat. Is this a mid-youth crisis?

3 comments:

japalinka said...

i think a pierced tongue would suit you quite well. :p
and yes. you are definitely a punk. and what's nice is you don't have to go out and buy the clothes that will make you look like one (better yet a t-shirt that proclaims it in loud pink) but rather you are punk from inside out, and that's the best kind.
:)

Anonymous said...

Oh Juhi!

I've always wanted to have a tat too but you know how those go over here...maybe if I go back to Canada.

I agree with Elina with the tongue piercing. Plus the garb!!

Unknown said...

Thanks e! :)

In fact chiye, I regret not having gone ahead and gotten one when I was in Oki! but then I didnt have my design. and now I do....

In India I am more scared as I dont think Indian tattoo artists would be that experienced. and some parlours actually make ppl sign aggrements that we cant sue them if something goes wrong!!

I am looking into the piercing and tat deal tho, its also part of my 101 in 1001. :)