Wednesday 7 January 2009

Sensoji

Sensoji is the most famous temple in a district called Asakusa in Tokyo. I went there five years ago with my mom, sis and two girls students of my father. I did omikuji (like fortune-telling). But I didn't have 100 yen change and forgot to drop it when I did obtain the change. The fortune was good, and I went back to Delhi, applied for MA and got the hostel. And all was well. But I could not get it out of my head that I did it for free by mistake.
So I had it in my head that I must visit Asakusa whenever I went to Tokyo next. I did come out here but it so happened that a trip to Asakusa didn't materialise. But this time it did. We went to Asakusa with the delegates of the conference. And I thanked the gods there for the good fortune and I dropped the 100 yen long overdue.. My M.A. years were two of the best years for me. I don't think it was solely because of the omikuji, but at least I don't suffer from any guilt anymore! :)

No comments: