Monday 30 June 2008

the butt-end of the affair!

so, I went and took the UGC NET again! This was the fifth time. One of my friend was saying that we get 30 goes at it. I don't think I shall be wasting time trying to reach that target!! I have become fed-up of this bi-annual pain in the ass. It so frustrating. This time, there was a question -
How many keys are there at least on the keyboard? a) 91 b)101 c)111 d)121
Yes, my future as a university lecturer depends upon whether I have sat down and counted the number of key on the keypad of the computer I am using because I have no other meaningful thing to do in life!
I am so sick of taking this stupid exam! Also, when I said "pain in the ass" I didn't just mean it figuratively. I meant it literally as well! I actually suffered from a big fat rash on my buttocks each from sitting on a tiny hard wood bench in this dilapidated school which was the exam center. They always have this exam in the worst centers and in the worst weather conditions, last Sunday of June is boiling and last Sunday of December is freezing.
If I don't clear it this time, I don't know if I have the will left in me to give it again! I did relatively better than last time I gave it. Well, I heard last time nobody we know cleared it, so there! That exam was particularly bad. Keeping my fingers crossed...

I do have a piece of good news. After I came back home, I went for a medical check-up downstairs. The Medical team of an NGO had come to our apartment building. They are trying to make people aware of making healthier lifestyle choices to combat the most commonly found illness of modern middle class of Delhi, like heart-diseases, obesity, diabetes etc. And I found out I have grown taller. I used to be 5 feet 4.5 inches tall, but now I am 5ft 5"! :) nothing to be so glad about actually.. but whatever. it made me happy for a while. Weight-wise I still need more time and effort.

3 comments:

Amy said...

This sounds kind of like your scooter test! Just mark all the answers "C" and you will pass. Good luck!

Do you think there's any chance I'll grow taller too??

Unknown said...

Yup, you are right in making that connection! in fact I always say that the scooter test looks more and more kind as my entire career did not depend on it and you clear it after a certain number of goes at it even if you are still flunking it! But NET just doesn't end! and the recent rumour has it that they will make it compulsory again which means that I may have to keep giving it again till I pass!!

I think there is a chance. I can't say in percentages, but the okinawa diet seems to do the trick! (at least for me anyway...) and do you still do yoga? i think it definitely helps!

Isa said...

Hey I want to grow half an inch taller too :P