Friday 14 September 2007

modern art

Today, a friend and I went to the National Museum of Modern Art in Delhi. Its located in a building that is called Jaipur House and it is very close to India Gate. We went there is search of some of the paintings housed there which we are studying as part of our Modern India in Paint and Print course. It was nice to go there, to New Delhi, where roads are clean and it is only cluttered by the old architecture of Lutyen's Delhi scape!

The fees for the museum for Indians is Rs. 10! and for foreigners Rs. 100! so cheap a price to see Masterpeices of Indian Art! I am so loose with my wallet after coming back from Okinawa, I think its all so cheap, that I just give! Even Autowalas and Rickshawalas (drivers) I can't seem to bargain anymore!.

Cameras werent allowed, but I again managed to sneak in a few pictures on my phone's camera! I shall be put in jail for this if the police search the cyber spaces!


this above is by M. F. Hussain.

these below are by Amrita Sher Gill:


1 comment:

Gazelle Aparajita said...

Lovey piece. I recall standing in awe at the NGMA at my first glimpse of a Shergill original..!

Peace!