Friday 2 November 2007

Quarter Century!!

Gaahh! I am old! Panic! Distress! Trauma! The Horror, the Horror!



Dramatics aside! IT wasn't too bad. Of course the real celebration will come when Poro's in town. But, for now, I was satisfied with a trip to the Oxford Bookshop and ordering pizzas for dinner!

Didn't do anything extraordinaire... Didn't have to cut a cake ...and no birthday presents!!! :) so in all it was normal, just the way I would want my birthday to be! (no sarcasm, seriously! (HONESTLY! I mean it without irony - I think you still don't believe me!))

In the night, at 12, I got a call from my girls - Paroma and Isa. then slept reading 'The Great Indian Novel'. In the morning, I woke up coz of many phone calls and wishes. showered with cold water coz the water tanks were being cleaned. couldn't decide what to wear so wore un-ironed clothes. was late in leaving home. went to class. met Aditi at the Dept. then a trip to CP n Oxford with Anuja. Got Di's examination card for JLPT from New Delhi House and came back home. ordered pizza and checked emails etc. then slept. nothing special.

Just bought myself two books - Shantaram and The New Life. I really wanted Snow, but it wasnt available. I have wanted to read Shantaram for some time now. And I ordered The Trotter Nama. Will get it in a few days. I also finally got the membership for Oxford Bookshop, so I can get points each time I buy a book and then redeem them later. Everytime I went there, it so happened, a sale would be on, and they don't let you become a member during a sale.

When I checked all the facebook wishes, it was soo.... how shall I put it... eye-opening? ...nice, flattering! Thank you all! It was those many msgs that made the day special! :)

4 comments:

Chi said...

I'm glad you had a good birthday! Being 25 isn't that bad...being 6 is worse...

Son of Higashi said...

I hope you enjoy Shantaram. I read it last year after being recommended to me by a guy I met on the Mongol Rally - he's a bookseller.

As for worrying about numbers, 1) you can't change it and 2) it's just a number. Besides, it's better to think that you're getting more mature.

Belated wishes, v.

Unknown said...

hehehe! :) thats true chiye!
and thank you for the wishes, vaughn! I think I may not get a chance to read shantaram anytime soon, too many other books of my mphil courses to finish first! Its still a top bestseller in India. Gotta find out whats all the fuss about :) ! u kno, being mature is something I look less forward to than growing older in terms of numbers!! but what the heck, am gonna just live life to the fullest in every moment regardless of years or maturity..! :)

Son of Higashi said...

But mature doesn't mean boring and rigid, maybe better to say "knowing better what you can get away with." ;)