Saturday 9 August 2008

awesome day...

I had made a list of things to do post-papers and I was able to strike off two items from it today:

1. Watch "The Dark Knight" and,
2. Go somewhere fun.

My sis, her 'brother' and I headed off to Saket to watch the movie. We got horrible seats even though we came two hours before to buy them! My neck still hasn't recovered :( ! From next time, I shall definitely book tickets online! Last time you know what happened (read the previous blog post...) ergo, I am not taking chances, my movie luck seems to have gotten depleted.

So... The movie was awesome. Everyone kept saying its very dark. I didn't think so. It was, but not so much that that would be its only quality. The story was what excited me most. I guess for Batman fans it would have been so obvious with Harvey Dent flipping his coin. But I realized he would be Two-Face only when his face actually catches fire. I never read the comics and Batman has always been just another superhero for me. I guess being a girl who is more into literature, comic books come second and aren't very important. Thus the way the story was reinterpreted in the movies have been very exciting. I also liked that in Nolan's version, Gotham City is like any present-day metropolitan city. Not like previous versions where it has been fictionalized into this magical, unrealistic dream landscape almost. I liked that the characters were realistic and relatable. I don’t remember what the name is, but the Batman movie with Uma Thurman as Poison Ivy… Or Jim Carey overacting as the Riddler... it just reduced the action to banal ridiculous events with the overdone fantasy elements.

From my mobile phone camera:

And Heath was great! I still can't believe he is no more. Why did his last movie have had to be the one in which his handsome face was covered...?

Aside: While watching the movie, I had my cell phone in my lap. I didn’t realize when it slipped off and suddenly when I realized I didn’t have it, I panicked. My sis showed me light with hers and I found my dear old big fat mobile under the seat in front of me. I came so close to losing it, my heart nearly stopped! It’s the worst thing that could happen to me. Thank God it didn’t happen!

And I found my second favourite Barista drink - Swiss Mocha Frappe! (the one in the center)

After the movie, we headed off to Gurgaon in search of this Karaoke place Sarthak had seen while driving by. After getting stuck in traffic and having to take plenty U-turns we finally reached it, and it turned out to be so expensive! The deal was, you hire the room and order food worth at least Rs. 5000 (about $110) and you can sing for an unlimited time period. And you have to book one day at least in advance for it. We were only 3 people and we had 3 hours before the place closed. So it wasn’t worth the big bucks... Maybe I will go another time, if there are more people to split the cost between us and more time to enjoy the food and singing.

Instead of Karaoke, we settled for bowling, go-carting, pool and air-hockey. It was a day of firsts: My first time ever coming to Gurgaon. Finding a Karaoke place in India was also a first. The very first bowling experience in India for me (and I have bowled only 3 times before that). First time playing air-hockey and I beat my sister with seven goals! It was also my very first go-carting experience, which I did not enjoy very much. My leg was cramped, I was hot, and the arm band was icky, and the helmet kept covering my eyes! I did 3 laps and didn’t care for the other 7 that had been paid for. My sis took my turns and I was glad to be sitting out!



Even though I didn’t enjoy go-carting, the day was fun overall. :)

2 comments:

Chaudhary V said...

Hi Juhi
Good that you are enjoying a lot.
Your go-carting experience reminded me of mine.It was last year in Sep.We had a workshop at our Office and normally on the first evening we have some kind of adventurous outing.On this particular occasion it was go-carting and dinner together.I had never before gone for it and found out that it was no less than a racing track of Schumacher (atleast for me). And all my colleagues had a good experience of drining big,powerful cars. They were all giving their best shot as if they were all in a Formula-1 track. In my round there were mostly girls as decided to stay away from the Schumacher's and after the second round I had some problem with my breaks.A helper came and set it right and I was again on the track and all of a sudden a Colleague of mine came from behind and lost her balance and we had a big blast. Gosh...it was so horrible...If I had no helmet and seat belt,I would certainly had more than a couple of broken bones and perhaps much more. Only my jeans was torn a bit (which I can take as a style) and yes while dinner I just thought of giving a call to Vinay(I forgot to keep my cell in the locker though I was the one who kept other's cell in the locker), and what I saw was a good rangoli on the internal display of my cell. From outside it was perfect but inside it the display was totally broken. Luckily it was my company's cell phone and was quite new and I got it repaired free of cost. But go-carting again in this life is a big NO for me :))

Unknown said...

I remember you mentioned it in an email once!

yeah! life is just fine without go-carting. :)