Wednesday 7 May 2008

Go Green!

I got some plants from my mausi today! (mausi = mom's sis)

I have spent an hour with my mum potting them and repotting the old ones we had. I don't remember another time when I felt so satisfied with a project. There is something about taking care of a plant like no other. With a pet like a dog or cat, u just need to love, feed, walk and vaccinate them, besides the occassional grooming, and training. But a plant is so much different. One just can't water a plant and think, "Oh well! That's done with!" There is potting, feeding, watering, misting, light and so much more to taking care of a plant. I would say that taking care of a dog would require less of me personally than keeping a plant alive and thriving.

I have been coming up with fantastical notions of how to get some greenery around. And ever since the news headline read "Humans Have 10 More Years to Save the Earth," my grey cells have put every other thought on a hold. It was very difficult to write my research paper proposals and the last short paper for submission!

Nowadays, I am less stressed. I have only 2 long papers to give in by 15th of July, the NET on 29th of June, and that is all. Ergo, I am embarking on my green projects now. The plants look adorable right now! Photos later!

6 comments:

Chaudhary V said...

Looks like someone is gettinge greener these days ;)
Good.....Green plants, Green page n a mind full of greens.......hihihi
How are u dear? As usual u forgot something last month :)
am tooo busy with work....have to share a lot but no time....have uploaded some snaps on Orkut....if possible chack them...take care

Chi said...

Ganbatte Juhi!!! I wish I had enough patience and time to raise plants...I need to figure out how to make my thumb more green!

Unknown said...

thanxx guys!

sorry varsh! will wish you more personally soon! gah! thats y i need a birthday calendar!!! (I don't even know how to friggin spell calender)

Chiye, It wud be a lot more dificult for me, if my mom wasnt interested in plants!! Thanks to her know-how and my green-drives we make a good team! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Isa said...

Ten years to save the earth, that's been running in my head since I saw this post some time back. Was going to post something on World Environment Day because it hit me hard then, what with all the media coverage. But I guess saving the earth is going to have to be something that we consistently put our efforts into, every single day... it's sometimes hard to think that the little things that you do can actually make a difference in the light of the big picture... I wallow in green depression then. But taking a leaf from your book, yeah, plastic re-use! That's gotta be worth something.