Sunday 30 January 2011

hoshang

I am an old man
with a white Dumbledore beard
who has come face to face
with his mortality today.

I did many deeds
and had a lot of fun
But now in my last hour
I am all alone.

Being accosted in public parks
by old fat men who have been closeted for years,
does not flatter me anymore.

Pointing to the thirty-something boy over there,
"Why is he not gay?" I ask.
Life is never straight!

The twisted roads I traveled on
stretch forth
but I
go not hence.

Stop this rambling – aimless, joyless
Put an end to it
Full stop.

My life like this sentence,
like this poem,
is soon over.

Only remember me for what I wrote
For an artist never dies.
Weep not, but laugh, for harm I never caused.
Although shock a few I did,
But that never killed anyone!

And shock I will
till the end of my days
with my written words.
So, be shocked with innocent eyes wide open

For I have always been like this.

2 comments:

Isa said...

I like!

Unknown said...

thanks!! :)

~kinda belated I know.... just saw your comment...