Thursday 6 August 2009

News:

  1. The Dissertation is over and done with. I decided the title on the final day! It is: "Anarchy in the UK! Punk Rock, Racism and Hanif Kureishi: A Cultural Study" How does it sound?

  2. I saw Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince to celebrate the completion. I loved the movie, but wanted more! I also felt that it would be confusing for a person who hadn't read the book. I had read it a long time ago and hardly remembered the story. Wanted to re-read it before watching the movie, but am glad I didn't have the time to do so, coz then there was some amount of suspense!

  3. Last week, I attended this 6-day orientation for new teachers of the English Language Proficiency Course that will be run by Delhi University for the second time from August 10 to mid-December. Needless to say, that I am one of the teachers... Lets see how it will be trying to teach nearly-adult learners the correct usage of English.

  4. On the 5th day of the Orientation, I started coughing. The constant AirConditioning finally got to me. As the day progressed, I felt a dull ache in my head coming along. My back started aching as well and I knew I was gonna get sick. The next 3 days were spent trying to bring down my temperature from the 101-2 degrees Fahrenheit that it was. My cough still hasn't completely gone.

  5. On Sunday, 2nd of August, I moved out of the hostel. I was still very sick at the time, but I didn't ask for another extension since the International Students House for Women authorities suck majorly. They have been trying their best to kick old students out so they can fill it with new unsuspecting ones since we oldies know their dark history. The hostel is not the place it used to be, and I am glad I am out of it. The way they behaved especially with my friend, Aditi, telling her to move out in a day on her birthday(!!) was nothing but DESPICABLE. I'm very disgusted with these women and a full rant will follow soon enough.

  6. I am now living at home and looking for a job (besides the ELPC).

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Thanks for the update and congratulations!!!! Hope you start feeling better. :(

Unknown said...

thank you! I hope I get better too, its becoming embarrassing choking and coughing all the time! :)

japalinka said...

Hi, Juhi! I haven't read your blog for a little while and am glad to learn that the dissertation is done and nearly finished with your degree. What an awesome journey. :) I really like the title. Book title some day? :)

I did re-read the 6th Harry Potter before seeing the film and almost wished I hadn't but i did still enjoy the film.

So Congrats again and will check back in to find out about your grades and the new title of the blog. :)