Saturday 9 May 2009

food is my religion, albeit the vegetarian kind...

About a dozen women of my mother's age group are singing, dancing, shrieking and making rude jokes in my living room rite now. I have run away after sitting patiently and clapping along for a while. Now I am sitting in a dark room hoping they wont remember me and call me to dance again. My mom organised this "kirtan" or a prayer service. I dislike it. Very much. I don't believe in its religious part. I can only dance when I am under the influence, so I can't really enjoy it in a secular way. But I am waiting for the food at the end of it, maybe coz I had only one meal since morning and its nearly 7:30 in the evening now, or maybe I only appreciate these events for the gastronomical pleasures.... ah food glorious food! :)

No comments: